10 Jul Photo shoots at Riad 72 in Marrakech
Flip through any magazine whether it’s design, fashion or travel and it is hard not to find a mention or even a full photo shoot in Marrakech. The city is a hotspot for editors, creative directors and designers from around the world looking to shoot their latest collection.
In fact, wander through the Marrakech medina and you will not only be amazed by the colourful souk finds, but these days you’re likely to stumble upon a photo shoot under way. Brides magazine recently hosted a photo shoot in the old city for its February edition, while Vogue has been here many times, even shooting Lupita Nyong’o’s July 2014 cover shoot in venues throughout the red city.
And here at Riad 72 we have been busy welcoming crews shooting fashion look books for their upcoming collections. From our jungle-like courtyard, to our sleek rooms and the backdrop of the Marrakech medina from our rooftop terrace, stylists, photographers and photo editors alike have been in touch with us to coordinate their shoots.
Grab some early morning photos up on the rooftop terrace or capture your subject as the morning light floods the Karma Suite. When the afternoon sun hits, seek the shade and favourable lighting under the banana trees where the central patio provides a refreshing backdrop or even one of the suites where shimmers of light flood the minimalist decor. As night falls, head back up to the terrace to capture the photo subject set against a stunning backdrop – the skyline of old Marrakech medina dotted with minarets and towering palm trees.
Organize a photo shoot at Riad 72 in Marrakech
Here at Riad 72, our concierge Stefania is available to assist with coordinating photo shoots and ensuring both models and crew are cared for during an intense day of shooting. With exclusive access to our spacious riad, we can accommodate crew, set up green rooms on site, or simply provide secure storage space for equipment and collections. And all of our rooms are air-conditioned for ultimate comfort and practicality.
Leave the small, but oh so important, details to us!
Just off the central patio where the fountain splashes under the banana trees, our Salle Rouge can accommodate up to 40 people for coffee breaks with treats prepared by our in-house pastry chef, or a buffet lunch/dinner featuring vegetarian and vegan dishes.
- In-the-know concierge to assist producers, directors and photographers with additional venue ideas, transport, guides, excursions;
- Parking and pick-up/drop off points just steps from Riad 72 in the Bab Doukkala / Dar El Bacha area where our porters meet guests and assist with carefully moving equipment and collections to Riad 72;
- Seven rooms with five more opening in September 2017;
- Common spaces including rooftop terrace, Moroccan tea salon, pergolas decorated with soft colours;
- On-site restaurant La Table du Riad serves up farm-to-table dishes from breakfast to dinner for team meals or after-work drinks;
- Hammam and massage facilities located within the riad for after-work relaxation;
- Complimentary tea, coffee and bottled water served throughout your stay.
To find out more about booking your photo shoot at Riad 72, contact Stefania at email@example.com.
Cover photo by Hakim Anthony Joundy Wiseman Shooting